Re: [exim] bounced messages

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bounced messages
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 16:46 +0000, John Hall wrote:
> Although be warned that a number of sites are blocking (or at least
> running SpamAssassin rules that mark down) senders on dynamic IP
> addresses. If you want to send e-mail directly, you should get an ISP
> who can give you a static IP in a block that is separate from their
> DHCP block.

For those in the UK on DSL, Zen Internet will not only give you a static
IP address, but also allow you to give them a name which they will put
in the reverse PTR record. This really reduces your scores from folks
who look for "obvious" mechanically generated names in the reverse map.

They use exim too. However they are not the cheapest.

    Nigel.