Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
[Good post snipped]

I see what you are saying. I have previously spoken against doing this
due to not wanting to leave new folks in a wasteland where the people
who can answer questions have done elsewhere.

It may now well be time to change this.

If we did, my preference would be to start a new list - maybe
exim-experts - and encourage the esoteric traffic to go there.
Theoretically exim-dev could take on this role, although its meant to
have a different purpose, and I would prefer it to stay relatively low
traffic and focused.

exim-users has had a charter of being for all users and has been well
advertised for 10 years. I would prefer not to make the first point of
call be elsewhere.

However I await other comments with interest.

    Nigel.