Re: [exim] bounced messages

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bounced messages
Shea Martin wrote:

> You are correct, I am on sympatico. I guess that is the reason. Thanks
> for the help. One more reason to drop them. They also have a DHCP lease
> time of 3hrs.

If you're using residential DSL for your server, you should consider
using the smarthost anyway, as many sites will block or spam-score
messages coming from known residential DSL/dialup IP addresses.

> Eastlink here I come.

Having said that, I heartily support you dropping Sympatico. I don't
know if they're still blocking incoming port 25, but if they are, you
wouldn't be able to run a mail server even if you did use the smarthost
for submission.

Even if they've stopped blocking incoming port 25, you should still drop
them, because I hate them. HATE THEM! :)

- Marc