Re: [exim] bounced messages

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bounced messages
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Shea Martin wrote:

> When I do get a static IP, I will make sure I specify I need one on
> a different block from their dynamic ones. Is there anyway to look
> at the assigned IP and see if it is just one from their DHCP block?
> (i.e., they aren't lying.)

Your targetted MTAs are going to look your IP up in the usual RBL
blacklists, so you'd want to do the same, then you'll see what they'll
see. Composite views of RBL blacklists are ever changing, but at the
moment this seems to be a pretty comprehensive one:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/

There are also useful FAQs at http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/index.lasso
Start reading particularly at
http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=ISP%20Spam%20Issues#128

You really should be looking for a general mail admin and policy
forum, rather than this exim-specific one, for such background
lectures, though. This group works best when it focusses on how to do
things *with* exim. IMHO, anyway.