Re: [exim] My solution to the Debian Problem.

Autor: Mark Nipper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] My solution to the Debian Problem.
On 09 Nov 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:
> It's trivial -- just put the file at /etc/exim4/exim4.conf, and
> completely ignore the other config files.

        I'd like to second this.  I've never had a single problem
related to the Debian build of exim itself.  I also use my own
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf which, if present, will completely override
the much more flexible (depending on your own perspective of
course) and yet much more Debian friendly way of configuring
things (allowing other packages to dump things into the
appropriate directories to modify exim's behavior).

        And if you want to more or less start with the default,
shipped configuration from the source, you can always:
---
zcat /usr/share/doc/exim4/examples/example.conf.gz > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

That is about as close to the do it yourself method as you need
to get usually.

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
832 Tanglewood Drive                                nipsy@???

---begin random quote of the moment---
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and
UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
-- Jeremy S. Anderson
----end random quote of the moment----