Re: [exim] My solution to the Debian Problem.

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] My solution to the Debian Problem.
John Hall wrote:

> Either pointing people to the Debian Exim mailing list or showing them
> how to use a single, monolithic configuration file (which I understand
> is quite easy) would perhaps be an easier way forward for most people.

It's trivial -- just put the file at /etc/exim4/exim4.conf, and
completely ignore the other config files.

I've had a lot to say about the debian package's config files and
debconf setup over the past couple years, but that's my only complaint
about the package -- the packages are high quality, kept up to date
quite quickly in unstable, and there's really no reason I can see to
build a local copy as long as you don't need some experimental compile
option that isn't enabled in the exim4-heavy binary.

- Marc