Re: [exim] Missing message-id, demon.net

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Missing message-id, demon.net
Richard Clayton wrote:

> In message <4360BBD4.2010304@???>, Bill Hacker
> <wbh@???> writes
>
>>We are rejecting everything from (only?) demon.co.uk's mail.demon.net
>>servers.
>

> why ?

Miscommunication. We were rejecting from any offender.

Demon was simply blessed to be the first and only one we have had trap
on messages where we were in touch with the users at both ends and knew
it was not intended abuse.

I have been directed by others to a recent thread here on Message-ID I
had missed, and am back in sync.

(Great community here!)

> there's always a handful of Demon's 200K customers who are insecure and
> relaying spam, but these days there are some state of the art detection
> systems running (along with a large and motivated abuse@ team); so you
> should be getting less junk from Demon than from most places!

Agreed. Demon were never on my s-list. Generally the reverse, as such
things go.
I've recommended many a person move off ho*mail and such to demon.

I suspect that the demon mail admin has been bitten by the same change I
was unaware of;

- That exim *used to*, by default, add a Message-ID when none
pre-existed, and no longer does so.
(but soon may again - see the thread..)

Meanwhile, I'll put the 'control = submission' into my own configure,

... and hope the demon.net mail admin folks read this list and do so as
well. ;-)

Regards,

Bill Hacker