[exim] Missing message-id, demon.net

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim
Assumpte: [exim] Missing message-id, demon.net
Exim 4.54, FreeBSD 4.11. Clamav, SA, dovecot, PostgreSQL)

Our acl, from one 'donated' here a few year ago, reads:

# DATA_8: IF NOT ours AND NOT proper other headers THEN deny.
   #
   deny
     message        = Message does not conform to RFC2822 standard.
     log_message = missing required header lines
     !hosts            = +relay_from_hosts
     !senders        = : postmaster@*
     condition      = ${if !eq {$acl_m0}{accept}{true}}
     condition      = ${if or {{!def:h_Message-ID:}\
                                         {!def:h_Date:}\
                                         {!def:h_Subject:}} {true}{false}}

We are rejecting everything from (only?) demon.co.uk's mail.demon.net
servers.

Analysis of messages provided by the correspondent through less-strict
channels indicate that demon, who are using Exim 4.42, are apparently
stripping headers, as the 'message-id' header is absent.

grepping the most recent 27,513 message to this list (all that I have on
my PowerBook) does not turn up anything
on the matter of message-id. (or demon.co.uk // demon.net)

Are we the 'Lone Ranger in checking for this header?

... or are 'demon' odd-man-out in omitting the RFC-compliant 'message-id'?

Regards,

Bill Hacker