Re: [exim] Exim Configuration - Setting O/S User

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Configuration - Setting O/S User
Cabbar Duzayak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When someone sends an e-mail using php, exim sets the following 2
> headers (along with others of course):

> mta151.mail.dcn.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 24 Sep 2005 10:29:04 -0700

2 points:

1)

2) This header is _not_ added by your exim server; rather, it's added by
mta151.mail.dcn.yahoo.com when it receives the message from your server.

> id 3ABiAO-00019o-KL for yahoouser@???; Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:29:03
> +0300

> Here, the <O/S User> is picked up from the operation system, and it is
> the user that owns the process, which is the php process that
> initiates sending out this e-mail.
>
> Is there a way to configure exim such that, it won't pick up the owner
> of that process for this header, but a specific user that I explicitly
> specify through configuration?

It looks to me like the only way to suppress the OS user name from being
included in the Received header here would be to change the
received_header_text setting. It's expanded, so you can put a
conditional in there where $sender_ident is used in the default.

http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_14.html#IX1351

To make the conditional easier, you might want to have your php script
use -oMr when it invokes exim to set the protocol to something other
than "local".

- Marc