Re: [exim] Exim Configuration - Setting O/S User

Autor: Cabbar Duzayak
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Configuration - Setting O/S User
Hi,

Let me clarify why I asked this in the first place... AS I mentioned,
when you invoke sending e-mail via perl/php, that script is executed
as nobody on u/x for security reasons. Hence, exim puts this nobody in
the header. And, when this happens, some recipient SMTPs mark this
e-mail as SPAM right away, only because they see this "nobody" in the
header, and I was merely trying to avoid this. So, it is not like I am
trying to confuscate anything.

First of all, the "received_header_text" setting worked beautifully!
Thanks very much for that...

As for (1), I was not trying to change the log or mask any details. In
fact, even though, I set the "received_header_text", exim log still
had the actual user who sent the e-mail... So, using the mail id, I
can still trackt he user.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help. You saved my day...