Re: [exim] Multiple Log Files - Feature Request

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple Log Files - Feature Request
On 30 Sep 2005 at 12:23, Marc Perkel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Multiple Log Files - Fea":

| Can the "log file" be some sort of pipe into a program? I might just
| pipe the stream into something like netcat and process it on another
| server or do some other tricks with it. If this would work how would you
| specify it?

You should be able to use log_file_path to specify a named pipe.
Here's an article giving an intro to Linux named pipes:

    <http://www2.linuxjournal.com/article/2156>

That said, it's not clear to me how this would be better than tail-
ing the existing logfile as Philip suggested (e.g.
"tail -f /var/log/exim/mainlog > your_log_program").

- Fred