Re: [exim] Multiple Log Files - Feature Request

Author: Alun
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple Log Files - Feature Request
Marc Perkel <marc@???> said, in message
433D909B.3080207@???:

> Can the "log file" be some sort of pipe into a program? I might just
> pipe the stream into something like netcat and process it on another
> server or do some other tricks with it. If this would work how would
> you specify it?

I don't think it would work in its simplest form. For example, if
exim forked, and the child then found a need to open the log, it would
end up launching a new copy of the program rather than talking to an
existing copy.

You might be able to do something cute with a named pipe, but basically
that's just reinventing syslog, so no real gain.

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494