[exim] Re: Debian exim

Author: Mike Hansford
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Debian exim
Having recently spent 3 or 4 days (or is that daze?) trying to understand
how to config Debian exim, I would say that the thing that I found most
difficult about The Debian Way was the seeming lack of documentation
(potentially the biggest linux killer in general). Having started out by
reading the standard exim4 doco, I was not prepared for the differences in
how Debian does things. I found that getting the config I wanted was much
easier by maintaining one exim4.conf based on example.conf. Admittedly, I
have a very simple setup, mainly just functioning as an SMTP service for
sending items from the local machine to one or two domains.

Cheers