Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
I have (I hope) addressed the issues that Daniel Tiefnig raised on the
very first public airing of the new test suite, and I have also added
additional testing apparatus. The updated tarball is now in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-testsuite-0.00.tar.bz2

(Yes, still version 0.00; it hasn't really got off the blocks yet...)

I'd like people to test this out, but there is a small snag. I've had to
modify Exim itself in order to make some kinds of testing easily
transportable (notably DNS testing). Therefore, this version of the test
suite will only work fully with the very latest code, which I have also
just released in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-4.53-RC2.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-4.53-RC2.tar.gz.sig

You do not need to install this code in order to run tests on it; you
just need to build it.