Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
>
> The thing is, the test script wants to run as "you" most of the time,
> so it can call Exim "as an ordinary user".

Ah, that sounds reasonable of course.

>> | $ ls -l /home/tiefnig/exim/exim-testsuite-0.00/eximdir/
>> | total 0
>
> It's empty because the script has removed the "dangerous" patched
> version of Exim as it finishes.

Gee!

> The problem is the same as one you had earlier; the fact that your
> home directory isn't accessible.

But I changed permissions on /home/tiefnig/ to 0755 before this run...
Ah, this was a leftover from my first run, "eximdir" was still owned by
"tiefnig.Debian-exim"...
Now Basic/0005 succeeds, as do Tests 0006 to 0014.

For Basic/0015 and 0016 (local part pre- and suffix) to succeed, I had
to add gecos information to my account, and enable the substitution on
line 250 of runtest again.

Test 0017 and 0018 (ETRN) say things like:
| Line 24 of "test-stderr-munged" does not match line 24 of
| "stderr/0017".

0019 and 0031 are okay, and on my setup runtest has finished with
"basic" tests then.

lg,
daniel