[exim] Spam Assassin with user filters?

Author: Cole Tuininga
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] Spam Assassin with user filters?

Hi all - another configuration question for you. Thanks for your
patience so far. 8)

Here's what I'm looking to do:

When an email comes in for a particular user, I'd like it to be
processed through Spam Assassin, using that particular user's
preferences. As I understand it, that mostly gets rid of the idea of
using an ACL to do it.

If the message is tagged as spam, (that is, X-Spam-Status is set to
"Yes") I would like to place it in a particular folder owned by the
user. Otherwise, delivery should take place normally. Note - I'm
completely accepting of the idea that due to this method, Spam Assassin
may have to process a given email more than once (ie. if it is to be
delivered to more than one recipient on my server).

I had hoped that I could use filters to accomplish what I'm trying to
do, but after reading I see that the result of a pipe in a filter is not
usable - correct? And if I am correct in this, does that mean I am
limited to having to use procmail to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance for any alternative ideas...

--
"Maybe I'll be able to get a job when I graduate..."
-Linus Torvalds

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc