Re: [exim] Spam Assassin with user filters?

Author: Dennis Skinner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam Assassin with user filters?
Cole Tuininga wrote:
> When an email comes in for a particular user, I'd like it to be
> processed through Spam Assassin, using that particular user's
> preferences. As I understand it, that mostly gets rid of the idea of
> using an ACL to do it.

What user prefs do you have? Just threshhold, white and black lists?
If that is the case, then there is nothing different in the spam
scanning between users. Run SA in an ACL and then take the score in a
router and modify it based on white or blacklist entries, then look at
the threshhold and deliver accordingly. This is how we use it now.

It gets more tricky if you want per-user bayes/autowhitelists.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator