Re: [exim] Creating a simple black hole for testing mail fro…

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: Kurt Lieber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Creating a simple black hole for testing mail from remote system

Hi again,

V. T. Mueller schrieb:
> Kurt Lieber schrieb:
>> Ideally, I'd like to prevent the mail from ever touching the disk for
>> speed reasons, but if that's not possible through exim, I can
>> accomplish the same thing by putting the spool on a RAM disk.
> Then make netcat listen on the receiving port, directing outpu to
> /dev/null .

Sorry for replying to my own post, but I put this quite misleading.
Long time ago a co-student of mine modified netcat for a quite
similar job because it offered some additional features that were
worth the core modifications for us since we were interested in the
output also. I'm not sure if that code was lost during the years.
Netcat today is probably way to complicated to do that, isn't it? I
will look if I can find it, we have still one ancient machine
running where there might be a copy. Will get back to you tomorrow.

Actually, I think what I wrote you - using the :blackhole: router
option - should be somewhat faster than doing the same thing in a
transport.

Cheers,
vt