Re: [exim] Creating a simple black hole for testing mail fro…

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: Kurt Lieber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Creating a simple black hole for testing mail from remote system
Hello,

Kurt Lieber schrieb:
> At work, we are load testing a number of different mail servers. I
> need to send large amounts of mail through the boxes as part of this.
> To get rid of the mail, I'd like to have a linux box running Exim on
> the end of the chain that does two very simple things:
> * Accepts any and all mail that is sent to it, regardless of domain,
> recipient, etc.
> * Delivers all mail to /dev/null

What are you intending to loadtest then? The sending side?

> Ideally, I'd like to prevent the mail from ever touching the disk for
> speed reasons, but if that's not possible through exim, I can
> accomplish the same thing by putting the spool on a RAM disk.

Then make netcat listen on the receiving port, directing outpu to
/dev/null .

> Is this easy enough to set up? Any sample configuration files I can crib from?

You can append to /dev/null in an appropriate transport, or better
use s/th like this in your router configuration:

blackhole:
driver = redirect
domains = <yourdoma.in>
local_parts = blackhole