[exim] Creating a simple black hole for testing mail from re…

Author: Kurt Lieber
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Creating a simple black hole for testing mail from remote system
At work, we are load testing a number of different mail servers. I
need to send large amounts of mail through the boxes as part of this.
To get rid of the mail, I'd like to have a linux box running Exim on
the end of the chain that does two very simple things:

* Accepts any and all mail that is sent to it, regardless of domain,
recipient, etc.
* Delivers all mail to /dev/null

Ideally, I'd like to prevent the mail from ever touching the disk for
speed reasons, but if that's not possible through exim, I can
accomplish the same thing by putting the spool on a RAM disk.

Is this easy enough to set up? Any sample configuration files I can crib from?

Thanks.

--kurt

P.S. if there's another way of accomplishing the same thing, please let me know.