Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 14:08:27 (+1000), Ted Cooper wrote: ]
>
>>Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
>>
>>Incidently, EVERY OTHER MTA, can be configured EASILY to not accept bounces -
>>try googling it.
>

> You're very wrong. Maybe in the Windoze world where you admit to living.....

Actually, from a quick google (which you obviously didn't do) - exchange does
not do this (was hoping to damn them for this, but alas) by default, but can
be enabled by using a number of add on programs. Qmail can if you set
NOBOUNCE, postfix can be done by playing with smtpd_sender_restrictions,
courier-mta has a similar function "bofh" where you can specify badfrom. I
found an article saying postfix would accept <> in there, but
no confirmation on courier-mta. Any more and I'd have to
start searching for new MTA's.

So, in whatever world you're living in.... you're wrong.

And yes, I do live in the Windows, Linux and Mac worlds, because that is the
real world. I use everything so that I help people to use anything, and so I
know what I'm talking about.

Ted.