RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Mark Smith
Subject: RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...

Here are the ACLs from the cPanel Exim config. I don't see anything here
that rejects null sender, and having just tested it on our server I can
assure everyone it doesn't.

- Mark

#!!# cPanel Exim 4 Config

begin acl

#!!# ACL that is used after the RCPT command
check_recipient:

accept hosts = :

  # Accept bounces to lists even if callbacks or other checks would fail
  warn     message      = X-WhitelistedRCPT-nohdrfromcallback: Yes
           condition    = \
           ${if and {{match{$local_part}{(.*)-bounces\+.*}} \
                     {exists
{/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/${lc:$1}_${lc:$domain}/config.pck}
}} \
                {yes}{no}}

  accept   condition    = \
           ${if and {{match{$local_part}{(.*)-bounces\+.*}} \
                     {exists
{/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/${lc:$1}_${lc:$domain}/config.pck}
}} \
                {yes}{no}}

#if it gets here it isn't mailman

#sender verifications are required for all messages that are not sent to
lists

require verify = sender
accept domains = +local_domains
endpass

#recipient verifications are required for all messages that are not sent
to the local machine
#this was done at multiple users requests

message = "The recipient cannot be verified. $acl_verify_message"
verify = recipient

accept domains = +relay_domains

  warn  message = ${perl{popbeforesmtpwarn}{$sender_host_name}}
        hosts = +relay_hosts
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts

  warn  message = ${perl{popbeforesmtpwarn}{$sender_host_address}}
        condition = ${perl{checkrelayhost}{$sender_host_address}}
  accept  condition = ${perl{checkrelayhost}{$sender_host_address}}

  accept  hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
          endpass
          message = $sender_fullhost is currently not permitted to \
                        relay through this server. Perhaps you \
                        have not logged into the pop/imap server in the \
                        last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication
turned on in your email client.
          authenticated = *

  deny    message = $sender_fullhost is currently not permitted to \
                        relay through this server. Perhaps you \
                        have not logged into the pop/imap server in the \
                        last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication
turned on in your email client.

#!!# ACL that is used after the DATA command
check_message:
require verify = header_sender
accept