Re: [exim] Send direct, but use ISP relay if any error occur…

Author: Agusti
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Send direct, but use ISP relay if any error occurs
I totally agree with you Andrew,
Some weeks ago I asked this list the same question as you.
If we get our mails at trash it's not our decision, his server has given as an
OK for delivery. His/her spam software should be reconfigured to accept mail
from you or his MTA should complain at SMTP time. If we get an OK for
delivery we're not guilty if that message is missed.

Exim has the possibility to check senders trying to deliver a message and
expecting RCPT OK. It would be nice to use this technique to first try to
deliver directly and if we get an 5XX code after RCPT continue with next
router.

Some people recommend switching to IP fixed address, but some time ago spamcop
also complained of fixed ADSL addresses...

A Dimecres 15 Juny 2005 16:24, Andrew McGill va escriure:

--
Agustí Rivero
xarxes@???

Ilimit Comunicacions