Re: [exim] No retry in a transport or router

Author: Dave Markham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] No retry in a transport or router
Tony Finch wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Dave Markham wrote:
>

>>We have various routers to send email internally on a network depending on ip
>>address and if email gets through these routers it must be Internet bound and
>>so we relay onto a third party with a transport hosts = and hosts_override
>>option.
>>
>>The third party seems to be having trouble and denying connections
>>periodically.
>>
>>Therefore if i am right in thinking is there any option i can put in a router
>>or transport to stop it using the exim databases and to try a connection each
>>time?
>>

>It would be better to adjust the retry rules for those hosts, with a
>shorter retry time.
>
>Tony.

I have read that and was wondering about that, its just it seems retry
is done on email addresses? What i need is for the host im sending to
have a much shorter retry time. I dont want to change the overall retry
due to other emails and spam related issues constantly retrying.

Would this surfice in the retry section?

external.relay.host.com * F,5H,1m F,1d,1H F,3d,8H

Cheers
Dave