Re: [exim-dev] PCRE inclusions in Exim

Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: exim-dev
CC: Philip Hazel
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] PCRE inclusions in Exim

Hello,

Philip Hazel schrieb:
> What I am thinking is that, in the longer term, PCRE may reach the same
> status as the DB libraries.

I do hope so! As mentioned, we really like especially pcretest, and
having it split from the exim distribution would "loose us an egg
from the basket".

Maybe we should start lobbying for pcre becoming a core-OS component
:) Especially FreeBSD would make a good candidate IMHO. From about
90 servers here, there are exatcly zero that don't use regexps here
and there.

Until this world has become a better place, I would again politely
ask for pcre sticking with exim, saving us a lot of extra work.

Cheers,
vt