Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculo…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculously strictRBL filter
On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 20:49 -0500, cjackson wrote:
> I had this very same problem with the Exim list after policy changed.

Policy has remained the same for several years. We did change the RBLs
used with the transfer to new hardware last year as well as adding a
content scanning stage now we have the CPU resources to do so.

[....]
> I do not know what that
> reason is though. At first I thought it was spam, but spam has never
> been a problem on this list.

Now read that last paragraph and consider why this is the case.
You also don't see the few hundred messages per week that I and a couple
of others moderate out before they hit the list distribution.

We rejected around 500 messages yesterday at SMTP time, and would have
marked a few more for further checking. I'm not going to let those get
as far as the list and then have to manually check them. I'm actualy
impressed our reject rate is currently so low - I rejected nearly that
much on my home box, a DSL connected system rather less well known than
exim.org

    Nigel.