Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculo…

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
CC: Daevid Vincent
Subject: Re: [exim] Can't send to exim-users list because of rediculously strict RBL filter
On 6/13/05 6:49 PM, "cjackson" <cjackson@???> wrote:

> I had this very same problem with the Exim list after policy changed. I
> bought a static IP because I'm not sending jack through my ISP. This is
> my business also and I take it damn seriously, so I do what it takes to
> get the job done -- and I don't complain about it. I'm sure there are
> very good reasons for blocking dynamic IPs. I do not know what that
> reason is though. At first I thought it was spam, but spam has never
> been a problem on this list.

Well, there's the fact that well over half of spam and more than that of
virus broadcasting comes from consumer machines on dynamic IPs.

Running business email from a dynamic IP will become increasingly difficult
over the next couple of years, as more MX machines block it.

We would accept mail from your IP (not mentioned in the body of your
message, but obvious in the headers), which surprises me since Spamhaus has
many of Comcast's dynamic subnets listed.

If we get spam or viruses or Phishing from the IP or more than a couple of
IPs in the /24, we would block the IP or the /24. But the /24 hasn't sent
us anything in the past couple of months, so there isn't (yet) any reason to
block it.

I don't need a CC on the reply to the list. I do read the list.

--John