[exim] Mailman + Exim + Secondary MX

Author: GamCo - Gawie Marais
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Mailman + Exim + Secondary MX
Hi Guys,

I have a server that does secondary MX hosting for all our domains.

Recently, I set-up mailman and it works great if recipients are local.

My exim.conf has a entry :-

domainlist relay_to_domains = /usr/local/etc/exim/domain_relay

where I keep a list of all domains my server should handle secondary MX for.

The problem being that with the mailman mailing lists, when sending mail out
to recipients in the list, it does not deliver to domains not specified in
the /usr/local/etc/exim/domain_relay file and I end up with a error "Relay
not permitted".

However, when I replace

domainlist relay_to_domains = /usr/local/etc/exim/domain_relay
with something like :-
domainlist relay_to_domains = *

it works great. But I'm sure that's not the ideal solution.

Can anyone perhaps help me out with some alternatives or advice...?

Regards

Gawie J Marais
Systems Administrator

GamCo Pty Ltd