Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes datab…

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes database
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:47:27 +0100, Matthew Newton
<mcn4@???> wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:32:04PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> On my test host, I would like to have one spamassassin bayes database
>> per recipient domain, and have thus configured exim like:
>>
>> |  warn
>> |    spam = $domain:true

>Taken from http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/exiscan-acl-spec.txt:
>
> On the right-hand side of the spam condition, you can put the
> username that SpamAssassin should scan for. That allows you to
> use per-domain or per-user antispam profiles. The right-hand
> side is expanded before being used, so you can put lookups or
> conditions there. When the right-hand side evaluates to "0" or
> "false", no scanning will be done and the condition will fail
> immediately.
>
>I believe that the first parameter is the name of the user that has the
>particular settings stored (and therefore those settings will be in
>~user/.spamassassin). I guess that for per-domain you would need a
>different local user for each domain.

"user" as in "UNIX account"? And that account is then only used to
store the bayes DB in its home directory?

>I might be wrong, though, but this is always the way I have assumed it
>works. You might be able to use the "bayes_path" option in the
>spamassassin configuration to do something else (maybe),

The ideal option would be to pass the right hand side of the "spam"
clause in the ACL to spamd, and then to have spamd use that as part of
the path to the bayes db.

Is something like that possible?

>or use an SQL
>database, which wouldn't require local users.

local user accounts is the lesser evil in the given environment, IMO.

Greetings
Marc