Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes datab…

Autor: Matthew Newton
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes database
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:32:04PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On my test host, I would like to have one spamassassin bayes database
> per recipient domain, and have thus configured exim like:
>
> |  warn
> |    spam = $domain:true

Taken from http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/exiscan-acl-spec.txt:

On the right-hand side of the spam condition, you can put the
username that SpamAssassin should scan for. That allows you to
use per-domain or per-user antispam profiles. The right-hand
side is expanded before being used, so you can put lookups or
conditions there. When the right-hand side evaluates to "0" or
"false", no scanning will be done and the condition will fail
immediately.

I believe that the first parameter is the name of the user that has the
particular settings stored (and therefore those settings will be in
~user/.spamassassin). I guess that for per-domain you would need a
different local user for each domain.

I might be wrong, though, but this is always the way I have assumed it
works. You might be able to use the "bayes_path" option in the
spamassassin configuration to do something else (maybe), or use an SQL
database, which wouldn't require local users.

> Do I need to configure spamassassin in a special way to have bayes
> being used, and where does spamd write the bayes db by default?

~/.spamassassin/bayes*, I believe.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom