Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re-Hash - How to remove headers on ingress?
[Sorry for prematurely sending the previous message]

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:53:00 +0100, Matthew Newton
<mcn4@???> wrote:
>> Can the system filter access ACL variables?
>
>As Philip has answered in the affirmative, I guess therefore that this
>could be moved there, which would be a bit tidier.

I just tried that, and it works fine. That is an acceptable option,
IMO.

There is a minor unaestheticism though, the system filter is not
subject to macro expansion, so one would have to name the ACL
variables by their numeric name instead of having the macro.

> These days I try and
>avoid the system filter, though, as I tend to forget it, and stuff in
>there gets out of date and then later on confuses me.

I am not too fond of that feature as well, but _this_ job it does
pretty well. At least until Philip finds the time to implement the
header weeding in the place where it belongs.

>(Incidentally I was looking at our system filter a couple of days ago
>and found that Debian exim4 does not come with a system filter at all,
>which quite surprised me.)

Why did it? The Debian exim4 packages are pretty conservative with
filtering, so a system filter has not yet shown necessary.

Greetings
Marc