[exim-dev] Re: [exim] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logg…

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: dbenders
CC: exim-users, exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] Announce: "Exilog" - Exim central logging / reporting tool
Daniel Bendersky wrote:

> Are you planning to write a similar one for other software? maybe
> Dovecot, the POP3 and IMAP that is getting a standart because it's speed
> and security?

Not really. Regarding Dovecot, I know that it's default logfile is
rather sparse, so there's not much to parse there :)

> Just one suggestion, at the instalation, I had some problems because the
> scripts ".pl" files were located at the same directory than the html, so
> it's necesary to do some configs in the Apache. Will be good to document
> that.
> Also, It didn't work for me with the ".pl" extension, so I just changed
> to ".cgi".

That's all HTTP-Server config stuff. I don't want to throw around Apache
config snippets because I'm not really an Apache expert. I understand
the problem ("AddHandler cgi-script .pl" and "Options +ExecCGI") but I
prefer not to give Apache support later on :)

> And the last thing, how I can configure the apache to protect the
> reading of the .cfg file?

Try something like

<Files *conf>
     Order Allow, Deny
     Deny from all
</Files>

in .htaccess. Depending on if your Apache can handle .htaccess this will
work or not. Now you know why I do not like to hand out Apache snippets :)

/tom