Re: [exim] Rejecting faked numeric HELO

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Rejecting faked numeric HELO
Frank Elsner wrote:
>   deny message = Illegal argument in HELO/EHLO ($sender_helo_name)
>        log_message = Strange IP addr given
>        condition = ${if and {\
>                        { isip {$sender_helo_name}}\
>                        { !eq  {$sender_helo_name}{$sender_host_address}}\
>                        { !eq  {$sender_helo_name}{[$sender_host_address]}}\
>                             }\
>                         {yes}{no}}

I disallow an unbracketed IP too. Cuts out loadsa junk.
Often as not it's *my* ip, mind, which the above would catch.

However, I also have customers (presumably behind NAT) giving
a bracketed rfc1918 address as a helo name which doesn't
match $sender_host_address, and I need to accept those. So for
now I don't compare against that.

Cheers,
    Jeremy