Re: [exim] Re: Stopping DNSBL lookups, exim4.5, debian sarge

Autor: Rich Stanton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Stopping DNSBL lookups, exim4.5, debian sarge
Peter Bowyer <peeebeee@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>> The host listed in that log line, ending .ac.uk (or ip address .56):
>>
>> TO:<stantonrj@xxxxxxxxxxx>: host xxxxx.ac.uk [xxx.xxx.xxx.56]: 550 >host
>> is listed in rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net for mail abuse
>>
>> is the remote mx server for the place that I am sending the mail to,
>not
>> my own server. I tried to check the ip in the rbl server listed, but
>> that server name isn't listed in my dns server.
>
>The log entry is reporting what the remote host said during the SMTP
>conversation. The hostname and IP address are those of the remote
>host, and it's telling you that your host is listed in the DNSBL it's
>using.
>
>Nothing in your config will affect this behaviour - it's the other end
>doing the checking.
>
>Less obfuscation leads to better answers.
>
>Peter

Now I understand - thanks for that. You're right that leaving the ip
addresses would have made things easier, it's just habit removing
anything personal when I'm putting things out there for anyone to see.
I guess I should learn to be a bit more selective when removing
important info :)