Re: [exim] Re: Stopping DNSBL lookups, exim4.5, debian sarge

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Stopping DNSBL lookups, exim4.5, debian sarge
On 06/06/05, Rich Stanton <stantonrj@???> wrote:
> Sven Hartge <hartge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Um 20:15 Uhr am 05.06.05 schrieb Rich Stanton:

> >(rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net)

> >> Fair enough - here's the log entry from a rejected message:
> >
> >> 2005-06-05 13:55:42 1DeufG-00013u-NQ <= root@xxxxxxx U=root P=local
> >S=303
> >> 2005-06-05 13:56:01 1DeufG-00013u-NQ ** stantonrj@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
> >TO:<stantonrj@xxxxxxxxxxx>: host xxxxx.ac.uk [xxx.xxx.xxx.56]: 550
> host >is listed in rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net for mail abuse
> >> 2005-06-05 13:56:03 1Deufb-000144-KT <= <> R=1DeufG-00013u-NQ
> >U=Debian-exim P=local S=1266
> >> 2005-06-05 13:56:03 1DeufG-00013u-NQ Completed
> >
> >This means _your_ host ist blacklisted in said RBL. To bad you
> >obfuscated
> >the IP, so you have to check yourself, why your mailhost is listed.
>
> The host listed in that log line, ending .ac.uk (or ip address .56):
>
> TO:<stantonrj@xxxxxxxxxxx>: host xxxxx.ac.uk [xxx.xxx.xxx.56]: 550 host
> is listed in rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net for mail abuse
>
> is the remote mx server for the place that I am sending the mail to, not
> my own server. I tried to check the ip in the rbl server listed, but
> that server name isn't listed in my dns server.

The log entry is reporting what the remote host said during the SMTP
conversation. The hostname and IP address are those of the remote
host, and it's telling you that your host is listed in the DNSBL it's
using.

Nothing in your config will affect this behaviour - it's the other end
doing the checking.

Less obfuscation leads to better answers.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???