Re: [exim] Exim 4.50 and DCC

Author: Physicman
To: Jörg Reisenweber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.50 and DCC
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:58:25 +0100
Jörg Reisenweber <jr@???> wrote:

> Hi Chris,

Hi Jorg,

[snip]

> 7948 Connecting socket failed: No such file or directory
> 7948 LOG: REJECT
> 7948 Connecting socket failed: No such file or directory
> 7948
> 7948 local_scan() returned 0 NULL

Hmmm... Looks like exim doesn't find the dccifd socket.
Did you check that the dccifd socket matches the path you specified in
the socket option of your exim configuration file?

> Could you please tell me how you set up Exim and dccifd regarding the
> filesystem and users/permissions? What is your dcc_client_ip option in
> the Exim configure file?

the dcc_client_ip option is the ip address of the remote host.
You may want to pass a fixed ip address to dccifd for some reason. The
default behaviour is to take the sender_host_address from exim. The only
option you really need is the socket one. For example my own setup is
simply:

begin local_scan
socket = /etc/mail/dcc/dccifd

Best regards,