Re: [exim] Exim 4.50 and DCC

Author: Jörg Reisenweber
To: Physicman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.50 and DCC
Hi Chris,

On 23.03.2005, at 13:33, Physicman wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:22:45 +0100
> Jörg Reisenweber <jr@???> wrote:
>> - sent and received email with this Exim built, but it didn't get
>> tagged
>>
> No error messages of any kind?
> First idea, check the whiteclnt to see if you're not whitelisting
> everything.
>
>> What am I missing / doing wrong? :/
>>
>> If you need any more information, please let me know.
>>
> Maybe you can try running exim in debug mode with the -d+local_scan
> option and see if the local_scan is indeed called.
>
> FWIW, I'm running exim 4.50 + the dcc client local_scan on a couple of
> servers without any problems.

Thank you for your reply. I launched exim in debug mode as you
suggested and I got the following error regarding local_scan:

7948 calling local_scan(); timeout=300
7948 my_ip_option = 194.119.212.5 - client_ip = 194.119.212.5 -
sender_host_address = 193.16.3.6
7948 Client IP: 194.119.212.5
7948 Connecting socket failed: No such file or directory
7948 LOG: REJECT
7948 Connecting socket failed: No such file or directory
7948
7948 local_scan() returned 0 NULL

Could you please tell me how you set up Exim and dccifd regarding the
filesystem and users/permissions? What is your dcc_client_ip option in
the Exim configure file?

Jörg
ECCE TERRAM GmbH            Jörg Reisenweber
An der grossen Wisch 36     Systemintegration
26133 Oldenburg             Tel.: 0441-500120
jr@???           Fax: 0441-5001229