Re: [exim] Exim 4.50 and DCC

Author: Jörg Reisenweber
To: exim-users
CC: Physicman
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.50 and DCC
Hi,

On 23.03.2005, at 14:18, Physicman wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:58:25 +0100
> Jörg Reisenweber <jr@???> wrote:
>> 7948 Connecting socket failed: No such file or directory
>> 7948 LOG: REJECT
>> 7948 Connecting socket failed: No such file or directory
>> 7948
>> 7948 local_scan() returned 0 NULL
>>
> Hmmm... Looks like exim doesn't find the dccifd socket.
> Did you check that the dccifd socket matches the path you specified in
> the socket option of your exim configuration file?

I finally managed to make exim contact the DCC server. :) The Un*x
socket thing wouldn't work for any unexplainable reason - I'll
investigate later (I'm currently building the test environment on Mac
OS 10.3.8) ... I'm now passing "-p localhost,<port>,127.0.0.0/8" as an
argument to dccifd via dcc_conf. This solved the problem.

Thank you for the quick help,

Jörg
ECCE TERRAM GmbH            Jörg Reisenweber
An der grossen Wisch 36     Systemintegration
26133 Oldenburg             Tel.: 0441-500120
jr@???           Fax: 0441-5001229