[exim] Best of both worlds?

Author: Brian
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Best of both worlds?
We have an exim mail hub filtering mail for some domains working quite
nicely.

We have recently added recipient verification and this prevents us from
taking mails for users that do not exist on remote servers.

Prior to the recipient verification we had a recipients cdb that we
would read from, this also contained *@domain.com.

So the problem comes (always after the great discovery) when a remote
server is now down. and we cannot verify recipients with them. We would
still like to accept the message (even though we cannot verify it) b/c
we would rather be safe than sorry.

# remote recipient callout
deny message    = We do not take mail for - <$local_part@$domain>
  #!verify       = recipient/callout=15s,defer_ok
  !verify        = recipient/callout
  log_message    = Bad remote recipient

is there something like:

!verify = recipient/callout=30s,accept_ok

meaning that, if I can verify that the recipient *doesn't* exist then
deny it, else take it..

remote host says we don't take mail for that recipient, else assume no
connectivity and accept, pending other checks pass..
(does this make sense?)

Or would I want to compose my acl statement differently?