Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffix…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffixes
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:

> The patch would add one pointer to an already allocated string, so 1000
> addresses would allocate about a page more on typical 32-bit systems.

I haven't checked up on this, it may be more than one pointer. I can't
remember if there's an "original case" and a lowercased version, as
there is for the local part itself. And we must do both prefix and
suffix. Otherwise the specification is too baroque, because all other
things that are concerned with prefixes and suffixes work for both.