RE: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: David Brodbeck
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

shop.
> Of course, that "thanks" tends to be finding your car on blocks in a
> back alley in x random neighborhood downtown somewhere... :) It's just

NOT
> that world anymore, man...

I don't think it ever really was that world. People's memories are always
improvements on what reality was really like, I find.

As for the original topic...I'm not sure how this is going to work with
Bayesian filters. How will you train them? The mail people submit to an
open relay is probably not going to have the same Bayesian distribution as
mail that you receive. Also, it seems like a spammer could quickly figure
out how to get around the filter just by trying to send mail to themselves
until something got through.