Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Richard Clayton
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays
writes

>So - the reason open relays are bad is because spammers can use then to
>send spam.

that's a general view, there are other complications

>But - if I have a really good spam filter that would block
>spam sent through open relays - then having an open relay wouldn't be a
>problem.

absolutely correct ... but since the only known way of blocking all spam
is to block all email, I don't see why you would think that the
expensive housebrick you're running should be called a relay :(

>My spam filter is good enough

ah, a FUSSP, say no more !

>that I'm thinking about going open relay.

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin