Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: jonathan vanasco
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

If you go that route, make sure you won't be getting any mail from AOL
or MS customers -- both have policies to disable all mail from open
relays, and they do periodic checks.

I found out when an apache proxypass linking our webserver to our
office firewall had a typo in it that made it semi-open. Broke all
mail for AOL for 3 days until i got all the bureaucratic stuff taken
care of.