Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Autor: Walt Reed
A: Edgar Lovecraft
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 02:22:15AM -0600, Edgar Lovecraft said:
> Compare the amount of noise you see from RedHat Exim users to that of
> the Debian users, and I think you can see why.

That's pretty unfair. Redhat's default MTA is not exim. Redhat does not
even provide Exim RPM's. Debian Stable's default MTA is exim 3 which is
really the main problem, derived from the excruciatingly long release
cycle.

I've been running the standard exim4-heavy package on Sid for a long time now.
It was Trivial to setup, and I use a single conf file derived from the
sample that comes with the main exim (phillip's) distribution. It's also
rock solid.