Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Autor: Karl Schmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
As someone who has used exim on Debian - both as servers and workstations, I
think this thread is really strange. It was easy to bring in an exim4 single
file config from an old redhat system - setting exim up for single config file
mode was a snap. And after that and a few minor tweaks - it just worked.

On the workstations around here we let the debconf system take care of exim and
it also just works. If a user can't answer the simple questions in debconf, he
isn't going to do well editing his config.

Having configured Exim manually and via debconf (which can be set to ask only
the most basic of questions) All I can say is, "What is anyone complaining
about? It works just fine".

I think what is going on is as Linux (not just Debian) gets more popular, there
are going to be more people who haven't RTFM write in with clueless questions.
There is no cure for this - it is really success. If you want them off the list
set up a wiki to send them to.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@???
Transtronics, Inc.                   WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434