Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:41:31 -0500, Wakko Warner <wakko@???>
wrote:
>I am currently using Debian. However, I took the latest (I think it was
>4.34) debian source package, exim 4.34, exim 4.43 and extracted to a
>directory. Diffed exim 4.34 and 4.43 then applied that diff to the debian
>one.

Did you look in the package tracking system, or in the experimental
distribution? Chances are that you missed a 4.4x package.

>I also removed the stupid
>Debian-exim user in the config scripts (IMO, this is totally uncalled for.
>What happened to simply exim or mail? I chose to use mail myself).

/me hurls /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian-accountname in
Wakko's direction

>After I
>did my own configurations,

I hope you used the exim4-config-custom possibility instead of hacking
the main exim4-config.

>If exim had the ability to use modules instead of being monolithic (I have
>thought about working on this in the past and made a few statments about
>it), we wouldn't need debian's -heavy or -light. -heavy sank my boat with
>too many dependancies that I don't need and -light wouldn't keep my boat in
>the water =)

You are aware of the possibility to build exim4-daemon-custom?

If only people would read docs, the world would be so much nicer.

Greetings
Marc