Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Autor: Tor Slettnes
A: Edgar Lovecraft
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

On Feb 18, 2005, at 00:22, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
> Compare the amount of noise you see from RedHat Exim users to that of
> the Debian users, and I think you can see why.

That's a dumb^H^H^H^Hignorant comment.

First, few RedHat users use Exim (specifically, only those who know
what they are doing), whereas it is the default MTA on Debian.

Re: The noise: Much ado about nothing. Really. Nothing to see here,
move on please.

The first-time install of Exim on Debian involves answering a few
questions, such as selecting what type of configuration one wants
(single file or split files), how mail will be handled (directly
connected to the internet, smarthost, local delivery only,...).

Those who choose to edit their configuration files by hand ought to
know how to read the documents. Specifically, Exim 4 on Debian works
perfectly well with a configuration file imported from a RedHat system.

-tor