Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Greg Folkert
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Greg Folkert wrote:

> I can agree, but whom would you call if you couldn't get Coldfusion
> to work with YOUR custom compiled version of Apache?

I'd "call" whoever it was who thought the open-software
protocol-conforming server had to dance to the tune of some
proprietary package.

It's been some years since we had to "see off" the users who demanded
that we had to drill major holes in the Apache server's security
because of another major commercial vendor whose reputation for
conforming with applicable interworking requirements was - what shall
I say - deplorable? notorious? IYSWIM.

But I'm not sure what lesson this is supposed to teach the exim-users.