[exim] socket bind() errors, bad exim.conf possibly

Author: Andrew Osborn
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Why all my mails are SPAM, [exim] Why all my mails are SPAM
Subject: [exim] socket bind() errors, bad exim.conf possibly
I first want to say, partial linux noob, no way a mail admin.
I have a charter cable line (smtp.charter.net:25), no e-mail account
with them though. That goes to a Windows 2003 server for routing,
192.168.0.1. Behind that is my webserver. Linux, Debian Woody. Apache.
192.168.0.51.
What I want, in my opinion, is simple.
Have PHPNuke send out e-mail, for automated things such as registration.
I want this done the easiest way possible. I thought using exim would
be the best. So here I am.
I don't know if is easiest to use my webserver to send the e-mails
out, my router (which has smtp installed), or my IP's. Whatever is
easiest and works.

I've tried all 3, poorly because I'm confused.

I installed exim by doing apt-get install exim.
So it's pretty standard I hope.
Here is my /etc/exim/exim.conf file.
http://rsod.net/exim.txt
It is probably messed up by now. I just want the least complicated
configuration there is....and working is good too.

Paniclog is now empty, fixed those problems on my own.

Mainlog is not:
http://rsod.net/main.txt

I have smtp on port 25 in my /etc/services, as I was told by documentation.
I have tried it started as daemon and from init.d. All yeild similar
results. I only have 1 smtp running when I do lsof | grep -i tcp

So.....is it my exim.conf? That is what I was working with, it used to
be more normal I think.

--
Andy Osborn
920-319-6032