Re: [exim] socket bind() errors, bad exim.conf possibly

Author: Andrew Osborn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] socket bind() errors, bad exim.conf possibly
The only SMTP I have in /etc/inetd.conf is
smtp            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/exim in.exim -bs

I run that command and get this:

webserv1:~# netstat -pa | grep smtp
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN

I run lsof | grep -i tcp and get, among other things:

inetd     5100 root    7u  IPv4      27178               TCP *:time (LISTEN)
inetd     5100 root    8u  IPv4      27179               TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
inetd     5100 root    9u  IPv4      27180               TCP *:smtp (LISTEN)
sshd      5350 root    4u  IPv4      28174               TCP ww2.rsod.net:88:ssh